Vineyard & Winery Tour
Want to find out how wine is actually made?
Our vineyard and winery walking tour gives a behind the scenes look at the whole process - a true 'grape to glass' experience; our relaxed, fun and informative tours take you behind the scenes.
Morning tour: $49.00 per person
Must be 18 or older
Each tour has a maximum of 12 people, ensuring a personal experience.
We operate one tour per day. This 3-hour tour runs from 11:00am to 1:00pm (Please be here no later than 10:50am to register, tours start promptly at 11:00am).
The tours are run daily from the 1st October through to Easter Monday, then the tours are closed for the winter season.
WHAT IS INVOLVED?
Our tour consists of three parts:
- A walking tour through the vineyard, here we will discuss a year in the vineyard, going through the key steps that get us through to harvest.
- A walking tour of the winery, here we will discuss the main processes to get from grapes to bottled wine.
- A tutored tasting in the cellar, here we will go through the main aspects of how to taste wine, and run through a tasting of six wines.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Any other beverages, food or incidentals you wish to purchase.
WHAT TO BRING
- A photo ID. All guests must be 18+. (A NZ driving license, HANZ 18+ card, or Passport.)
- Cash or credit to cover fees and anything else you wish to purchase.
- Comfy walking shoes! Approximately 1 hour is walking, so please wear appropriate footwear for the vineyard, enclosed shoes are essential, no open toe shoes will be permissable.
- A hat, sunblock and sunglasses as we are outside.