Protecting your privacy is important to us. We hope the following statement will help you understand how we collect, use and safeguard the personal information you provide to us on our site.
Ash Ridge Wines Ltd (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
I. What kind of information do we collect from you when you visit our site?
When you visit ashridgewines.co.nz, our stats package from Google collects some basic information about your browser. Examples are things like what type of browser and operating system are you using; how long did you stay on our site; what pages did you look at. This helps us understand how visitors browse our site, so that we can make their shopping experience better.
We also collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products.
- third parties where you have authorized this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide services and products to you i.e. to enable us to process payment and ship merchandise to you.
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose) to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
II. Sharing of personal information
Under no circumstances will we share any personal information that we collect with any third parties or web sites. All the information you give us is completely private and used solely for order processing and shipping. If you give us permission to send you marketing emails then we use your email for that purpose, but never does that email get sold or distributed to any other web site or list.
Disclosing your personal information
On occasion we may disclose your personal information to:
- another company within our group
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products. Businesses that support our shipping and delivery fulsfilment.
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you
- A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
III. Newsletter Opt-Out.
If you have chosen to opt into our newsletter or marketing emails and decide to opt out, we have a simple unsubscribe form that will let you get off our email list. Also, under the member area, you will find a simple form to unsubscribe.
IV. Consumer inquiries and privacy.
If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact firstname.lastname@example.org
V. Protecting your information.
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
All the payment information collected is done so under SSL - a standard internet security measure. This infromation is stored through a third-party payment gateway please see section six for infomation. Data is stored with Wine Direct - our host provider - and is kept behind a secure firewall on our hosted site's database and is not accessible to the public in any way.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at [insert email address]. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
VI. Payment security
Ash Ridge Wines Limited uses the eWAY® Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions. eWAY® is PCI DSS compliant and is PCI DSS Tier 1 certified. eWAY® is audited annually by external authorities to gain such accreditation. eWAY® processes online credit card transactions for thousands of Australian and New Zealand merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the internet.
When you place your order at Ash Ridge Wines Limited you are redirected to eWAY®'s secure online credit card processing form to enter your credit card details. eWAY secures all your customer and credit-card data with military-grade software and servers, and the highest level of encryption available. Ash Ridge Wines Limited does not store or transfer any of your credit card information. All data is transferred using eWAYs secure servers. We use their hosted payment gateway as we believe this gives you the most secure environment to enter your payment details.
Features of the eWAY® Payment Gateway include:
- payments are fully automated, with an immediate response
- your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by Ash Ridge Wines Limited or any outside party
- all transactions are performed under a 128 Bit SSL Certificate
- all transaction data is encrypted for storage within eWAY®'s bank-grade data centre, further protecting your credit card data
- eWAY at no time touches your funds; all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by Ash Ridge Wines Limited.
For more information about eWAY and online credit card payments, please visit eway.io/nz/.
VII. Internet use
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.